Saturday, November 7, 2009

My Linoleum Is Trying To Kill Me

My bathroom has recently (as of Wednesday night) become a death trap. With zero explanation, and no cause that I can discern, the floor in the master bathroom in my house has suddenly become slicker than ice. perhaps Mr Clean, or wicked elves or particularly strange type of criminal (bizarro Monk?) has been breaking in while I sleep and buffing the floor. I don't know. All I know is that I have almost fallen down five times in the past three days - even knowing it is slippery I am slipping. In socks, shoes, bare feet I am slipping. My husband is slipping, too, so it is not just that I have lost all coordination either. I am totally confused - does anyone know of any reasons why a regular linoleum floor would suddenly get super slippery? If you don't hear from me for a few days, call the paramedics and tell them where to find me.

ps: I am totally aware that this doesn't really fall into the purview of this particular blog, being neither about commercials or tv or pop culture in anyway. But it is hard coming up with new ads to talk about every day, and I haven't read any books lately that bear discussion so pffft. And it's Saturday Say What over on my regular blog so I had to post here because you never know - I could fall and bump my head and forget all about it by tomorrow. but because you are sticklers who must be appeased, I will throw in a little product comentary here at the end. Putting on my concealer this morning I noticed that it is SPF 20. What is the purpose of putting SPF in something that doesn't go all over your face? Do my zits need extra sun protection? For a moment I was all paranoid I'm going to get a polka dot tan. And then I slipped.

1 comment:

BBL Jr said...

Maybe the slippery stuff is on your feet?