Monday, November 23, 2009

Yeah Yeah. But What Is Your Favorite Food?

In the spirit of my favorite sports blog, Booleyan Theory, (and by favorite I mean the only one I read) I have a comment on the NFL. I really hate it when they introduce the players at the beginning of every game and they say where they went to college. As a viewer with zero sports knowledge, I don't see why this is relevant. And I totally find it boring and stupid that grown men with professional jobs still have to share where they went to college. I wish they would say something like, "my favorite color is," or their howmetown or something. I get that it matters in sports somehow (my husband explained it once but I don't remember), I just wish they could share something else of interest rather than where they went to college.

2 comments:

BBL Jr said...

Once many years ago they did the home town thing and a very famous and tough Linebacker named Jack Lambert comes up on camera and says "Jack Lambert Buzzard's Breath, wyoming" and one could hear an explosion of laughter from the other guys. It was the only one of those I ever enjoyed.

Lsquared said...

I love it when they say where they went to school. I like knowing what conference they came from, who coached them, who they played with, whether they enjoyed success at the college level, etc. I especially like it when they went to Alcorn State or Little Sisters of the Poor or Nashville Night YMCA College...love it when a guy from a small school in a non-division 1 college makes it to the pros.