Sunday, November 15, 2009

What I Want Out of A Wireless Company Is To Not Be Treated Like An Idiot

There is a Tmobile featuring different 'customers' saying what it is they are looking for out of a cellular plan. In general I don't mind it except for one little bit: on woman says "I want a plan that doesn't cost me one of these" and she holds up a mannequin arm and leg. I think this is kind of clever and amusing, because if you were someone who happened to be holding plastic body parts, you might do this - hold them up and make a funny pun. But then she goes on to say "an arm and a leg" and it ruins the whole thing. Because after that, instead of being vaguely witty, it is saying look, clearly we think you too stupid to get the joke, so we're going to repeat it in actualy words, taking all the wit out of it bcaue you, the veiwer have the brains of toast. And that pisses me off. If they thought we were to dumb to fill in the blanks ourselves when she just holds up the arm and leg, then she should have just said "arm and leg" as she held them up. Holding them up silently, waiting a pause (with a light eye roll indicating exasperation at a lack of understanding), and then essentially repeating herself, has no translation other than "you didn't get it the first time, so here's a replay." I hate being talked down to.

here's the ad, what do you think?



ps: I totally love the first girl's outfit

No comments: