Monday, November 16, 2009

Organizational A-Ha

Every holiday, when the decorations hit the stores, there will be large tupperware storage bins that echo the colors of the season. I have always wondered what kind of person needs storage boxesm and doesn't mind getting black and orange ones or red and green - having specific holiday colors for all my stuff would bug me. And then, last night I had a moment of insight - they aren't for everyday usage, they are for storing the decorations! Duh. These boxes are perfect for putting your holiday stuff in, perfectly color coordinated, so you can just see, oh the black and orange one is Halloween or the green is Christmas. I can't believe this never occured to me before. I've been taping and retaping the same cardboard boxes every year, marked ever so sloppily with Sharpie marker. Well, no more. this year I'll be picking up a nice tupperware bin to store my decor in - and at a glance I'll know what's inside because the stores have oh so thoughtfully provided color coordinated clues.

ps: this still does not explain those horrible hot pink tubs though.

1 comment:

BBL Jr said...

The pink ones are for asshats.