Monday, November 9, 2009

Vampires Are A Niche Market

These Volvo/Twilight commericals make me want to barf. what are they advertising - cars? The New Moon movie? Stupid. Can we please leave the whole Twilight overexposure limited to things that are actuall relevant? They should really back off a bit or they are going to get a huge backlash before the final film. Plus? overexposure aside, I think this is taking product plcaement too far. i don't mind when real products are in tv or movies - having someone drinking a random "cola" can rather than Coke was always distracting to me. using real products makes it more realistic, and I find they fade into the background better than the mocked up fakes do. But doing tie ins with a movie and then bringing it into commercials that aren't even clear about what they are advertising is just annoying. And seriously? I don't care how dreamy and ethereal and shiny Robert Pattinson/Edward is. Somebody wash that jackass' hair!!!

2 comments:

Lsquared said...

He'll always be Cedric Diggory to me.

lonek8 said...

honestly, the dirty, greasy, drunken look he is currently employing ruins the whole Cedric Diggory thing for me. I choose to distance that kind of sloppiness from the wonder that is harry potter