Saturday, November 14, 2009

Seven

There is a new movie coming out called Nine - you may have seen some trailers for it since it features a ton of big names in roles (Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench, Nicole Kidman, Daniel Day-Lewis). It is about a man and the SEVEN women in his life. And to that I just have to say WTF? Shouldn't there be nine women - could they really not come up with two more? or maybe we could just call it Seven (which I realize has been done before, but hey, there's a film in theaters right now called 9, so what's the difference?). I don't get it. Admittedly, I know next to nothing about this film, and i haven't been able to find much online in the way of synopsis since I keep getting results for "9" and of course I don't want to spend more than two minutes doing "research" anyway. I think there is something about the main guy workng on his ninth play or something, so I'm assuming that is where the title comes from, but seeing as the entire focus of the movie is his relationship with all the different women in his life, shouldn't the title reflect that a wee bit more? Ie, shouldn't there be nine freaking women? I find this an assault on my sens of logic and balance and will most likely not see the film because of it. ok, I probably wouldn't have seen it anyway, but this doesn't help.

No comments: