Sunday, November 22, 2009

But What Does It Have To Do With Reading?

So, have you seen the ads for the Kindle where the girl is in stop motion video and changing outfits and backgrounds and whatnot? (that's it down there if you haven't.) Can anyone explain to me what the heck this has to do with a Kindle? Is she acting out the stories? Is it trying to demonstrate the various situations where you can bring your Kindle? It is visually interesting and all, but I really don't understand what it has to do with an electronic reading device. It certainly doesn't make me want one, although to be honest, nothing short of a $1000 bonus would really make me want one. I like books. But that is irrelevant to this discussion. Which is about how the ad is stupid. Evertime it comes on the music grabs my attention and I look up to watch (good sign). And every time I get to the end and think: "that is so stupid, what does it even have to do with a Kindle?"(bad sign). I saw it five times before I even noticed there was even a Kindle in it (really bad sign). Bad advertising for a product that is really pretty neat and convenient. Assuming of course you are a total heathen and could ever bear to give up the wonder of turning pages.


No comments: