Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pizza Talk

Papa Murphy's has a new Chicago Style stuffed pizza. I give you a moment to study:




Now, here is what a REAL Chicago stuffed pizza (a la Giordanos)looks like:



There is no comparison. In my opinion the first one looks like a taco or something - it bears no resmeblance to pizza at all, much less the delectable, cheesy goodness of an authentic Chicago style stuffed pizza. So there you have it. Papa Murphy's has neither Chicago style nor pizza. Discuss.

update 11/22/9: I have just seen this ad again, and am enraged anew. Why can you not just call it stuffed pizza? Why do you have to denigrate the name of Chicago style pizza with this travesty? I understand that a REAL Chicago style pizza is not conducive to the whole "take and bake" thing - it needs a special pan, it bakes for a really long time, etc. SO DON"T MAKE ONE. Jerks. On behalf of Chicago I want to sue Papa Murphy's for libel or defamation or whatever. False advertising at the very least. Grrrr

1 comment:

gellybelly said...

OMG, that looks disgusting! I totally agree with your assessment. I hate it when people use comparisons that they know nothing about. I will add, however, that the Giordanos stuffed pizza would look awful to me as well if it were stuffed with sausage meatballs and peperoni!