Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Best

Macbook Air – okay, so this technically aired during the pregame kickoff show, and it isn’t a new commercial, but that thing is so cool I had to mention it. And I like the song.

Live the Dream with Corolla – okay premise – funny premise, bonus points for saying the badgers would gnaw his face off. I was disappointed there weren’t more to the series though.

Planter’s Cashews – giving Emerald nuts a run for there money in entertainment with a spectacularly unibrowed gal attracting male admirers with the alluring scent of cashews.

Geico Cavemen – mucho respect for making fun of the ultra lame (and now cancelled) sitcom.

Vitamin Water – I’m not sure if the product is supposed to make you lighter (get me a gallon!) or just a better horseman, but Shaq as a jockey is funny.

Budweiser – Hank the horse – training montage with one of the beautiful Clydesdales (or Percheron?) horses that was determined to get onto the team. I’ll admit, I cried a little. What can I say – I like animals and I’m a chick. I’m not ashamed.

Amp Energy Drink – okay, so the close up on the nipple was gratuitous (and icky), but the guy dancing to Salt’n’Pepa’s Push-it in order to jump start someone’s car (especially when his perfectly functional trunk is sitting there) was funny.

American Idol – I liked the super wishful, inspiring spots featuring this years hopefuls and Simon smiling (!!!), but the one at the end with Ben Roethlisberger singing was icing on the cake. The janitor’s comment that he used to love that song but now it’s ruined was classic.

Bud Light – with one major exception (see tomorrow’s entry), Bud Light had the best group of commercials. The two featuring new features of Bud Light – it will help you breathe fire and fly were great (although the fire one went on a little long). I also enjoyed the cavemen spot where one invents the wheel and the use it to carry the Bud Light on instead of rolling it. Okay, so the Geico guys probably didn’t think it was funny, but I did.

Pepsi Stuff.com – This was my favorite of all the ads this year. It featured Justin Timberlake getting thrown around and bashed into things with each sip of a girls’ Pepsi. Seriously who doesn’t want to see that guy get his ass kicked just a little? I like the guy fine, I mean, I grooved to SexyBack like everyone else, but he does seem like a bit of a douche. Kudos to you if you recognized Andy Samberg as the guy/girl preening in the blonde wig.

Watch all the ads here

No comments: