Monday, February 25, 2008

The 80th Annual Hollywood Ego-fest, I mean Academy Awards

Yay, Ratatouille! That’s the only winner (okay, it’s the only nominee) I have seen. It was awesome and deserved to win. I’m sure everyone else deserved it too. Especially Diablo Cody. How amazing is it that the screenplay she wrote to prove she could write a screenplay and therefore deserved to adapt her own book into a film, won an Oscar? That is talent. All in all, this year’s show was probably the best Oscars telecast I have ever seen – it is the first one since I have had my DVR. I didn’t have to watch any boring speeches or awards for dull categories – just zip, zip, zip check out the presenters’ dresses, maybe hear a few jokes along with the winners and boom, over. It took me an hour and a half.

No comments: