Friday, December 21, 2007

We Don't Want Your Stinking Opinion

There is a radio stataion in my area called JackFM that I think has made a grave error in marketing strategy. Their slogan is "we play what we want" and I happen to find this very offensive. I realize the meaning behind this is that they have more variety than a station who sticks with a typical playlist because they will play any song they feel like whenever they feel like it, but basing an entire station around the whole 'no requests ever' premise seems to me like a big F you to the listener. Every time I hear their ads saying "we play what we want" I hear a silent 'regardless of what you want to hear' on the end of that sentence, and it makes me not want to listen to their station. They may call it Jack, but I call it bull.

No comments: