Saturday, December 8, 2007

This Commercial Has to Go

Yet another infuriating pharmacuetical commercial - this time for Detrol LA. In it a woman is sneaking to the bathroom so everyone won't know just how often she has to go. Stupid. Once she gets to the bathroom, the 'girl' symbol on the door hops off and enters with her to talk about Detrol LA. Even stupider. The woman then begins to take medical advice from a 2 dimensional cartoon drawing that moments ago was on the front off a door and is now sitting on a couch with her. So beyond stupid I don't have a word for it. The fact that the symbol gets life size when she gets down off the door and is small again when she gets back up - probably the least of this commercials problems but irritating nonetheless. I cannot even begin to express how idiotic this ad is - even writing this now I am almost dumbstruck (it's so bad its stupidity has spread!) by the fact someone would agree to film and broadcast this swill. If I'm visiting the restroom so often the sign begins to talk to me, either I have had way to much at the bar, or I will take its advice to see a doctor - only about my apparent hallucinations rather then my bladder. This commercial is so bad I feel it necessary to endorse a competing drug - for bladder issues ask your doctor about Enablex: I don't know if it works, but the perky little ballons in its commercials are way less annoying.

No comments: