Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Put The Pen Down And Step Away

I like the Visa commericals that feature various shops moving in smooth procession and then grinding to a halt when someone decides to write a check. Each variation has a different degree of success - some are lamer than others, but in general I like them. However, I must say that the one in the garden nursery is by far the best. First of all, you've got to love anything that uses the theme from Brazil, great music from a great movie and I love hearing it pop up. Second, whereas in most of these spots the check writer only cause people to bump into each other or be otherwise inconvenienced by the slow down, in this one she actually causes the sun to dim and flowers to wilt. That is a serious consequence there. Yeah, it is annoying to be behind the lady at the grocery store who takes a month to write out a check (hint, you can sign it and fill out the name of the store while your stuff is getting swiped - try it next time), but really - does it cause a planetary disruption? Or kill vegetation? I'm not sure I even want to carry my check s around anymore if they can wield that kind of influence.

No comments: