Sunday, January 27, 2008

Let's All Hum Along

In case you were wondering, the song in those Kate Walsh Cadillac commercials is "Stars" by the band Hum. This is of particular interest to me because the guitarist in the band is a friend of my husband's from high school. And he mentions the song everytime the commercial airs, which I guess is good since I wouldn't really notice it otherwise. And it provides a nice break from his mentions of every Electric Light Orchestra song in a commercial which can get a bit tedious(trust, me there are A LOT, apparently ELO can sell anything). Anyway, I thought you'd be interested too - and no, I wasn't suffering from writer's block today, I actually chose this topic out of literally one or two others.

additional note: we have it on fairly good authority that Cadillac didn't bother to secure the rights to the song before using it. Can you say "big fat settlement check?"

No comments: