Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yeah, I've Seen Some Movies. Not that I'm Going to Tell You About It

I have seen several movies lately (and by lately I mean in the last few months). however I haven't written any reviews. And while my legendary laziness has surely played some small role in this oversight, it is more because I'm just so exicted to get out into a theater that my judgement is likey flawed. When you only get out once a month, those two precious hours spent in the dark with movie magic and a box of candy (junior mints, mmmmm) are so super wonderful that pretty much anything can be happening onscreen. 2012? Awesome spectacle. Book of Eli? Oooh, neat apocalypse imagery and twist - hooray! (ps - totally wanted to be a warrior during the end of days after I saw that movie). Sherlock Holmes? Fun, witty banter. And fighting. And explosions. More yay!

See what I mean? I like it all just by virtue of the fact that I'm out seeing it - I LOOOVE going to the movies!

And I think my favorite part is the coming attractions. They are the perfect entertainment. Fast paced, with great music and perfect sound bites. By definition they leav you wanting more. there is never the whole "oh, so that's how it ends" let down that even the greatest movie can give you jsut because you wnt it to keep going and never stop and then it does. Unless you have to pee (which I invariably do) and spend the last 20 minutes of every movie praying for it to end so you can race to the restroom. But that mars the movie too, since it means you aren't really paying attention the the ending, and therefore once you leave the theater you find that what you remember most is how badly you had to pee rather than the plot or acting.

Anyway. This is why I haven't written any reviews: they would all be good, and I'm not sure they all deserve good reviews. Did I enjoy them? Sure. But I'm pretty easy to please in that department as long as there are no glaring inconsistencies/errors and something gets blowed up.

Also, i totally think they should do movie length "features" of just previews. Not for full price, but maybe for like $5? I would totally go sit in a theater and watch exciting, tantalizing teasers for two hours.

That may make me lame. Oh who am I kidding? That isn't why I'm lame.

1 comment:

gellybelly said...

Ever hear of Depends? Would totally be worth not having the end of every movie ruined by spending it squirming in your seat. Plus, you would be reinacting scenes in at least several movies I can think of! HAHA! Just a thought.