Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Human Target

You know what I don't need? Another show to watch every week. And to that end I try not to pay too much attention to the ads for new shows lest they suck me in. But add a night with not much on (ironic in light of my previous post) and my mom telling me something wasn't too bad, and I find myself watching Human Target. And liking it.

Dammit.

Pleasing actors, cool Bondsian opening credits (although the music was bad), and an exciting story line - this show isn't half bad. I don't think it's going to become my new favorite or anything, but I have definitely spent a worse hour watching tv. My only issue (and this bugged me just from the ads) is the name. This show is about a guy who protects other people. Sure, various bad guys are after the people he is protecting, but no one is really after him. So shouldn't the name be Human SHIELD? In one scene the woman being protected sees him pulling off a bullet proof vest and asks where hers is. He replies "I'm your vest."

Yep. Definitely Human Shield. Although admittedly that doesn't have as nice a ring to it.

2 comments:

Lsquared said...

I rarely watch sitcoms anymore but last night I tuned in to Modern Family. And guess what? It was funny but not in a canned laugh-track sort of way. You should check it out sometime.

Maggie May said...

i haven't even heard of this..but it sounds interesting!