Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'll Take A Donut, But I Pass On The Jeans

There is a SlimFast commercial currently airing that features a woman fighting off giant donuts to illustrate how SlimFast gives you the power to refuse treats by eliminating hunger for four hours. I have two problems with this ad: the first is that when she gives a big kick to a donut (and yes I know I'm spelling it wrong - it's the slang way and it's faster, deal) she aims it dead center and the donut flies apart. Now, I could be wrong, not being all that acquainted with donuts (haha), but don't they have a big hole in the middle? And if you really kicked at the middle would your leg just go into the hole? It may be a dumb issue but it bugs me. The other thing I don't like is that they have her in mid rise jeans (ie mom jeans) that are at least one size too small, with her shirt tucked in. I realize this is so that when she tightens her belt to accentuate losing weight we can see it - but the result is that a woman with a perfectly nice figure ends up looking dumpy. And maybe the point is to show she still has weight to lose, but it certainly doesn't flatter her figure. Personally I think weight loss tools are better served by showing people who are already at their best - which this woman would be if she had the correct size of pants.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I totally agree with about kicking the donut in the middle. How stupid-o!