Friday, June 27, 2008

Charge It Or Bend Over

Yesterday I saw a commercial for American Express Business Gold Card. In it a man attempts to purchase a ticket to San Francisco using a credit card with kittens on it. The ticket agent finds this either suspicious or pathetic (her acting doesn't make it clear) but judging by the fact that she calls security on him, I'm going to go with suspicious. Pathetic would make better sense. I mena, no, it really doesn't present the best professional appearance to be using a credit card with kittens on it (it isn't very manly either but who cares?), but frankly, I doubt you are going to be showing potential clients your credit card very often. As long as you keep it discretely tucked away in teh even of any business lunches you are probably safe in your feline adoration. The American Express Business Gold Card might be great for your small business, but I don't think not having it warrants a body cavity search.

No comments: