Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lost Ad Nauseum

For a while now I have thought that Lost has the longest commercial breaks of any show I regularly watch. According to Yahoo answers the average time for commercial breaks in a one hour program is 15 minutes (7 min for half hour). This seems about right, although personally I would have guessed a little higher - around 17 or 18. Well, I have kept track during the last three episodes of Lost, and the average total commercial time was 21 minutes. Each break lasts 3-4 minutes, and there are five of them each show. I think this is ridiculous, and especially frustrating for a show with such twisty plots and suspense. My husband and I watched the first two seasons on DVD before getting into season three live, and I have to say I wish we had just waited until the whole series was over to watch them all. First off, that would eliminate all the tension of waiting for next week or season, but also it gets rid of those pesky commericals that consist of more than 1/3 of the show!

No comments: