Monday, March 10, 2008

Anyone Ever Seen A Square Cow?

Wendy's is always making a big deal out of the fact that they never freeze their burgers. The latest commercial says that "if burgers were meant to be frozen, cows would live in Antarctica." This has got to be the stupidest comment I have ever heard. Where the animal lives (or plant grows) really doesn't have anything to do with how it is served once it is food. Duh. This reminds me of the time I bought a leather jacket and asked the sales lady if it needed any special protection in the rain. Her response was "it's lamb skin, it's just like your skin." Now aside from being a creepy answer, this isn't really very helpful seeing as my skin is still attached to my living body. I know that the coat was waterproof when it was still on the lamb - what I don't know is how it reacts once it has been removed, tailored and dyed black. As for Wendy's, their logic seems just as absent. They might as well just say, if burgers were ment to be square, cows would be stacked like blocks. Dumb.

ps: my personal choice for a rewrite of this commercials would be: if burgers were meant to be frozen they would be served cold. Logical, and unappetizing enough to make the idea of a juicy, hot, grilled burger seem ultra tasty.

No comments: