Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Obvious Insight

I am not enjoying the current commercials for Match.com for several reasons. First, they are stupid. Second, they are annoying. The random people doing random things does not spark my interest and in fact makes me think that if those are the losers I might meet on the website then I'll stay as far away as possible, thank you very much. But the most annoying thing is the advertising of "insights by Dr. Phil." Now, I'm not a Dr. Phil fan by any means, but I can't fault him for making millions just for telling people things they already know. Come on though - let's not call it insight, people. If someone walks past me and trips, and I point and say "you tripped," I'm not being insightful, I'm just being observative. If someone comes to me and complains that they only date losers and I tell them to meet better people without offering any advice on how to do it, then not only am I not being insightful, I'm also kind of a jerk. But hey, if the dingbats out there are buying, so be it. Where do I get in line to sell?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is "observative" a word?

lonek8 said...

yes