Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Freaky Fruits

I can't quite decide if I like or loathe the Fruit of the Loom commercials. The idea of the guys in fruit suits being rock stars or whatever is kind of funny, but some of the commercials are really weird. For example, what is up with the commercial where they are in concert and Grape's cell phone rings? The lyrics to the song are amusing enough so I don't understand why that was thrown in. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to end the song, or else there is a whole backstory there we aren't getting. The other one I don't get is the one where they are all sitting around reading fan letters, and somebody sends Apple (the clear fan favorite) an apple pie. Does this strike anyone else as odd? I for one don't understand why the apple would want to eat an apple pie. Creepy.

No comments: