Saturday, October 27, 2007

Gentleman Author

As a fan of fantasy fiction (R.I.P. Robert Jordan) I am always interested in new authors and new series that I can get into so the waiting for new books in series I already follow doesn't seem so long. I have recently discovered the writing of Scott Lynch and think he deserves a mention here. He has written two books so far and both are excellent adventures with very creative concepts and charming characters. The first book, The Lies of Locke Lamora , introduces the main characters who are a group of con men theives who call themselves the Gentlemen Bastards. That name alone is what inspired me to read this book, and the excellent writing is what compelled me to race through it in two days despite having kids to take care of. The second book, Red Seas Under Red Skies continues the saga and leaves room for more books to follow. I wish Scott all the best creativity and speed in completing the next book in the series - I eagerly await reading it.

2 comments:

BBL Jr said...

I hope Mr. Lynch avoids the temptation to string the series out to ten or twelve books. these books are very fun to read and I would hate to see them diluted. Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series is terrific but he let it get way too long.

lonek8 said...

I also hope he can keep the cast of characters down.