Thursday, December 18, 2008

Uggghnuts

So McDonald's has these new commercials where people who are really crazy about chicken mcnuggets are called "nuggnuts." Now, I think it is weird enough anyone would be that into chicken nuggets when you can get chicken tenders from Burger King or the popcorn chicken at KFC which are both vastly superior. But basically, I think "nuggnuts" sounds like a pretty decent insult. I definitely wouldn't want to be called that, and I think in certain areas calling teh wrong person a nuggnut would get you punched in the mouth. So I have to say these commercials are less than effective, as it seems counterintuitive for a restaurant to be denigrating their customers for liking one of their products. I do however like the ad with the faux R&B video where the guy sings about his girlfriend sneaking out at night not to cheat, but to get mcnuggets. That one is kind of amusing.

No comments: