Thursday, July 3, 2008

Everywhere and In Plain Sight

So In Plain Sight seems alright - I haven't seen an entire episode yet, but the bits of several I've seen seem like it's a decent show. Aside from Mary McCormack's face which has had some definite, non- improving, work done to it. Howver, does it seem to anyone else like they are sort of heavily populating Albuquerque with witness protection participators? I mean, it seems like every fifth person in town is in the program. I understand that they want to keep the main characters in one place so they can throw in personal stories with mary's family and what not (the most boring parts, by the way), but this show would seriously benefit from changing the scenery in each episode so it doesn't seem like the only place people get relocated to is New Mexico. The State's tourism department might also appreciate less inference that their capital is populated with former rats and theives.

2 comments:

rees said...

Actually every 6th person is in witness protection. Every 10th is a meth cook (Breaking Bad). Every 15th is a cannibalistic hillbilly. That said I quite like ABQ.

lonek8 said...

Well, I think teh cannibalistic hillbillies live more on the outskirts - not in town proper. I think I've been to ABQ once, I remember nice blue skies, a coral hotel wall and wearing sweatpants to my grandparents anniversary dinner because the airlines lost my luggage. bad memories of United, good ones of NM.