Saturday, June 23, 2012

Brave






I have been looking forward to this movie for MONTHS - pretty much like I do every year for the new Pixar.  And I can't say I was disappointed, although it didn't sweep me away as the best they've ever done.  The story of a free spirited princess and her struggles against convention, Brave tends more towards the sentimental (although it's not a weepfest like the end of Toy Story 3 or the beginning of UP) rather than the comical.  I don't want to say much about the plot, but I will say that they perfectly captured the emotions of a tumultuous mother daughter relationship.  it even had my 6yo daughter crying at the end worried about losing me!  There are a couple of scenes with a bear that might scare a younger or more sensitive child, but other than that I would absolutely recommend Brave to any and all viewers.  For the fabulous Scottish accents and the heroine's mesmerizing hair if nothing else, lol


Brave PG 1hr 40min

No comments: