Thursday, April 8, 2010

iPhone Therefore I Am

I think I am probably the only person (my age) who did not want an iphone when they came out. I mean, sure, they are super cool and all, but I like, nay LOVE my Blackberry and all of its tiny buttons. Buttons make me happy. Add in my lifelong issue with touch screens (they tend to not "see" me, just like automatic doors used to never open for me), and not wanting to switch to AT&T (actually, I couldn't even if I had wanted to - they don't cover Steamboat) and I was firmly in the no-iphone-no problem camp.

But now I'm on Twitter, seeing all of these people playing games together bceaue they all have iphones and I want to play.

I'm seeing all these super cool photo apps that let people take awesome pictures with their cell phones, and I want to take cool pictures too.

I'm constantly seeing newer, cooler apps, and I want those apps (some of them anyway).

And now I'm hearing that the iphone will be available on Verizon sometime soon? Huh.

I will most likely still stick with my Blackberry (I REALLY love buttons), but the decision is getting harder. I never thought I'd say it, but *whispering* I kind of want an iphone now.

3 comments:

Lsquared said...

I resisted and resisted but about 3 weeks ago my 5 year old blackberry died,as did those used by my partners. Being mightyly frustrated, we threw in the towel, went to the phone store and got iphones. And...I lurve mine. Really cool and easier to use than the BB.

lonek8 said...

evil temptress

Juniper Saltus said...

I am in the same boat with you. I love my BlackBerry and loathe anything with a touch screen. And then I saw the cool apps for photography on iPhone and a little piece of me wanted one. But nah. Still not worth it. I'm a button lover, too. :)