Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How To Train Your Dragon

How wonderful is this movie? Well, I've seen it twice, in the theater, and it is an animated children's movie, so that should tell you something. Granted, I saw it twice because I have two kids to take and couldn't take them at the same time due to nap schedules and cousin accompaniment, but still. It was magical enough to make it my son's very first movie theater movie, so that's saying something.

Charming, funny, enchanting, How To Train You Dragon is the story of a boy who doesn't fit in with his tribe finding and befriending a dragon. The characters are very funny (Vikings with Scottish accents for whatever reason), the dialogue continues the Pixar tradition of offering something for the adults in the audience as well as the kids, and the whole story is just has heartwarming as you would expect from this type of film. But no sap or treacle. The animation is wonderful, and there are some super dreamy scenes of flying on the dragons that will have you swooning.

I'm not so great at the whole spoiler things so I don't want to get into plot or details because you never know what might ruin it for someone else and I tend more towards over-sharing than secrecy in all things. So just go see it for yourself - I guarantee you'll like it.

1 comment:

Lsquared said...

Have you seen Where the Wild Things Are? I saw it last weekend. Now I want to reread the book.