Monday, August 3, 2009

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

I just finished reading this book, and I must say I really liked it. All the stellar reviews that have been cropping up all over the place and led me to read it in the first place are right - highly enjoyable. It is a mark of very good writing that you are interested and want to keep reading despite the fact that nothing really happens for, oh, 200 pages. It's like the longest introduction in history, except that it's not because you are already invested in the characters and want to know where the story is going. And then, BAM! the last 100 pages (estimated bceause I'm so not getting up and looking at the book to see where the exciting part starts), are thrilling and releav so much more hidden depths of character. Amazing. I can't wait to read the second one The Girl Who Played With Fire, but I will because it is only in hardback and I am cheap. And poor. And just generally prefer paperback. But once it is out I'm all on it, and most likely the third book as well (still untitled as far as I know) whenever that shows up. it's such a shame that the author died after submitting these three manuscripts, but I'm so glad he did because the first one entertained me and has given me that sweet anticipation for the others.

I know this is a lame review. But it's not really a review anyway bceause I don't even know what to say about the book. It's good - go read it. Yes now.

No comments: