Monday, August 11, 2008

Out On A Ledge

I have been meaning to comment on the new commerical for the LG Dare phone for a while. I like the basic premise - that it is so cool you will crawl out on a ledge just to touch it. But the fact that she almost slips of the ledge is ridiculous - it is a foot and a half wide! That is just stupid. Yes, it is narrow in terms of feeling comfortable crossing it, you would certainly be hugging the wall behind you, but it's plenty wide that you wouldn't be at risk of your foot sliding off. Unless you are wearing clown shoes or something. And it's just unneccesary to the commercial. I mean, the ledge would be scary enough, we don't really need to throw in completely implausible slippage just to add drama. Of course, I am also probably the only person totally disinterested in touch screen phones (my reaction to the iphone was, and still is, meh), so I'm less likely to be dazzled by the technology and ignore the flaws in the advertising.

No comments: