Thursday, March 4, 2010

How Do You Like Me Now?

I love this ad for the Kia Sorento:



I know that it is supposed to just be a daydream for the toys, but I like thinking that after we are all asleep the toys go out and live it up. Imagining some wild, seedy nightlife for the sock monkeys out there to engage in in the wee hours of the night amuses me. Which is probably sick (these are children's toys after all, shouldn't they be nurturing and wholesome?), but I find it funny.*

It's kind of how I picture all the adults who are on children's shows acting after work. They spend all day being supernaturally erky and chipper, so afterwards I always figure they hit the dirtiest bar they can find in their goth makeup and spend the next five hours cussing and drinkng and generally engaging in any no perky, non chipper debauchery they can find. Just to balance it all out you know? Otherwise don't know how they don't crack under the pressure of those false smiles.

So I'm cool with my kids' toys hitting the town after lights out - they deserve a little fun too.

*Oh, and the music is good. I like that too. (How Do You Like Me Now, by The Heavys)

No comments: