Thursday, October 3, 2013

New Fall Tv

My thoughts on the new fall programming I've seen so far:

The Blacklist: love it. James Spader is having the greatest time chewing scenery  and jerking around the FBI as a super villain who has mysteriously surrendered and started exposing other bad guys. The young woman playing the only agent he will talk to is also good- feisty and believable, but she has a really terrible hair stylist. Bonus for the mystery with her husband )is he a spy? Or being framed?). It's been fun so far, so  I'll definitely keep watching this one.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: pretty good. Campy crime fighting fun, this show is going to take a few weeks to find a rhythm most likely. Not really Joss Whedony enough for me yet, but hopefully that will prove as time goes by. I'd watch pretty much anything his name is on (as well as J.J. Abrams), so I'm sure I'll continue to watch this. 

Michael J Fox Show: I REALLY wanted this to be good. Not only because it is impossible not to like Michael J Fox, but because I like how they are attempting to take a character (and actor) with a severe disease and show that his life doesn't have to stop or even revolve around his condition. But omg it is SO NOT FUNNY. I watched one episode and I was practically cringing. I hope for everyone involved it gets better, but I won't be there to find out. 

The Crazy Ones: as gratitude for being Buffy, I'll give anything Sarah Michelle Gellar does a shot. Her show last year about the twins was crazy soapy fun. Unfortunately it was cancelled, and now she's in this sitcom, which based on one viewing seems pretty lame. Robin Williams is doing his regular robin Williams schtick, there weren't any really funny bits, and everything was just wrapped up so neatly in a now by the end. Obviously all shows take a few episodes to really get rolling so I'm not going to write this one off completely, but my hopes are very low at this point. 

Super Fun Night: again, just ok. I expected this show to be a lot funnier because of star Rebel Wilson, but she's doing an (incredibly nasal) American accent, and it turns out she's much funnier when she's Australian. Which seems kind of racist, but themselves the facts. That said, I really liked how they played the guy character- Rebel was trying to charm him and the office ultra competitive mean girl kept upstaging her, and he totally called her out on it every time. So I'll give it a few more chances to find a groove and maybe get me used to the accent. 

Those are the only new shows I've seen so far- there a couple of shows that start in November that I'm planning in checking out. If I remember correctly, which I rarely do. 

What are you watching?

No comments: